Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Dutch Harbor report

From the local police blotter, as reported by the Unalaska Advertiser:

Trespass, Sept. 7 — An intoxicated, problematic ex-employee intent on visiting his wife ignored requests from Westward Seafoods security to leave the premises. The man left the area after an officer advised him he would be arrested if he did not do so. The man was also advised to contact management if he wished to visit his wife again.

Suspicious person, Sept. 9 — A UniSea security officer found an intoxicated, inarticulate man asleep on the steps inside the Harborview Inn. An officer was eventually able to wake the man, who said he was a guest at the inn but had sat down before getting to his room and had promptly fallen asleep. The officer helped him back to his room.

Assist other agency, Sept. 9 — Dispatch received information regarding a distress signal sent by a hiker on a two-week journey from the south end to the north end of Unalaska Island. Unalaska Department of Public Safety coordinated with the U.S. Coast Guard, who sent a rescue helicopter to pick up the injured backpacker and his dog.

Suspicious person, Sept. 9 — Caller reported a man running and performing calisthenics in the middle of the roadway. Officers contacted the suspect, who was indeed running and otherwise exercising in the roadway.

Drunk disturbance, Sept. 9 — Harborview Bar staff requested assistance with an intoxicated patron who had been cut off but refused to leave. The patron, who stated he owned more than half of the bar, told an officer he had given the bartender $100 and had received no change, and would get the Homeland Security tapes to prove it. In spite of this, the officer advised the inebriate to leave and not return for a week, per bar management.

Theft, Sept. 12 — An intoxicated man took a cab back to his boat and told the cab driver he would return with the taxi fare. The rider subsequently disappeared onto the boat. An officer located the captain of the vessel, who agreed to pay the nearly $50 fare.

Suspicious person, Sept. 13 — One of three men fled as soon as he saw an officer approaching, scampering up some stairs and over a roof before disappearing from sight. The other two men denied a third person had ever existed, though officers later located the absquatulating individual, who said it was just a natural reaction on his part to run away from police officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment